Reason to watch Trapped.
This is a survival movie with Breathtaking acting of Rajkumar Rao and great direction of Vikramaditya Motwane. We recommend you to just watch this movie in this Pandemic situation where the whole world is fighting against this coronavirus. Story and award-winning acting of Rajkumar Rao will thrill you till the end.
“OMG Black Coffee and Two carrots a day”
Talk about dedication!
“I had to go on a very strict diet and had to survive on Black coffee and Two carrots for 20 days. During lunchtime when the team would have proper food, I would go inside the room where a cup of coffee and carrot used to be kept for me.
If I would have had my regular food daily, it wouldn’t have been possible to see any change in my body after getting trapped in an empty room without food and water.”
– Rajkumar Rao
He revealed that he wanted to feel the hunger and desperation of the character to deliver real performance. Trust me, it’s scary to hell. If you don’t eat for two days you feel so frustrated, angry on everything.”
5 Major Movie Plots Which Makes You Stunned!!!
1) Love and its Consequences!
Falling in love is easy but then what?
We must keep fulfilling the needs and commitments of our loved one that’s where Shaurya’s effort is leading him desperately to rent a flat under his budgets within two days, where they can live happily.
In a rush to find affordable housing, he ends up moving into Swarg, a new high-rise apartment complex, which is empty due to construction and legal issues. The lone watchman stationed at the building is unaware that Shaurya has moved in, and Noorie does not yet know Shaurya’s new address.
2) Every morning is not a “Good Morning’’
Sadly, every morning is not a good morning for everyone. The next morning Shaurya accidentally locks himself inside the apartment. ☹
He makes some initial attempts to break open the lock but fails. The apartment has faulty wiring which leads to the circuit getting tripped, which left him without electricity. His phone runs out of battery power before he can call for help.
Which leads Shaurya into a rage, frustration and disappointment, he is totally disconnected from the outside world, struggles to survive without food, water and electricity.
3) “Bloody Help”
As the days pass by, he becomes progressively more claustrophobic, and his attempts to escape become more desperate. At one point, he uses his own blood to trace the word “help” with details of his address on a cardboard paper, which falls on the terrace of a house nearby.
The house’s resident questions the clueless watchman about it, who claims that the building is empty. She hesitantly starts to go up to investigate but soon gives up.
The string of his life is now hanging by a rope called Hope.
4) Freedom lies beyond fear (Marta Kya Nahi Karta!)
When life put you in condition to choose between life and death no doubt Life is the only thing, you’ll be choosing every single time. That what Shaurya did when he has to choose between his principles and living.
Despite being a vegan, Rao ate meat in some of the scenes for the first time in his life, as Motwane preferred it to be realistic, unfortunately, he resorts to eating cockroaches, ants and pigeons in this movie and also starts talking to a rat for a company which is his biggest fear.
5) The Dance of Death
Shaurya did every attempt to escape from the flat and also struggle hard to survive from eating ants and pigeons to dinking his urine, but all is sometimes you need a good luck. So, what next? Did Shaurya survive? If he survived how he managed to escape from the flat?
Go and watch this movie right away free on amazon prime and Here I am sharing you the link below you can watch it on amazon prime for free.
Click on the below movie link to watch this movie :-
Movie – Trapped ( 2017 )
IMDb Rating – 7.5
Movie Time – 1h 41min
Genre – Thriller
Here I will share you a few Drama daddy hidden lessons this movie is delivering. Which can help you to deal with a situation like this?
First and foremost, this movie thought us not to lose hope. Shaurya did everything for his survival, many times he failed but he never quit making endeavours for his hope of escape. There is a solution to each quandary. So, you have just had to keep patience and don’t give up.
There is a time when he does not have a Single drop of water although he also tried drinking his urine for living, and he is almost dying of thirst.
So, he gets disappointed and depressed, but he still has a ray of hope in his heart which is keeping him alive and what! It begun to rain, and he collected water which extended his survival for a few more weeks.
FIGHT WITH FEAR
Sometimes life put us in a condition where we can’t escape but only have to face our most immensely colossal nightmare. In this movie Shaurya being trepidacious of rats, after being trapped lamentably he must face his trepidation with mice which is present in flat. And ended up taking a company with a rat.
So, there is a only way to overcome our fear is to face them.
Rao is known for his versatile acting
Rao found the role of Shaurya to be one of his most challenging works to date. He had to lose weight and remained on a carrot and coffee diet throughout the course of filming, as he wanted to accurately depict the character eating improper food during the time he is stuck inside the apartment.
‘Trapped’ centres on one man’s fight for survival. He is not on a deserted island (‘Cast Away’) or an isolated canyon (‘127 Hours’) or an ocean (‘Life of Pi’) but in a Mumbai apartment, right in the middle of a crowded street. Vikramaditya Motwane’s brilliance lies in turning this unsuspecting setup into a hellish playground.
Shaurya’ (Rajkummar Rao) must pluck up the ‘courage’ (pun intended) to stay alive after he accidentally locks himself up in his new rented apartment in a desolate Mumbai high-rise.
Times of India
Trapped premiered on 26 October 2016 at the Mumbai Film Festival, where it received a standing ovation. It was released in theatres on 17 March to positive reviews from critics, who praised both the concept of the film and Rao’s performance. It grossed a total of ₹28.5 million (US$400,000) at the box-office. The film received several awards including the Critics Award for Best Actor for Rao, Best Sound Design for Anish John and Best Editing award for Nitin Baid, at the 63rd Filmfare Awards.
10 THINGS YOU DID’T KNOW?
- For a sequence in the movie, Rajkummar Rao advised the crew to use his real blood and not artificial blood to get a more realistic look.
- Trapped premiered at the 18th Mumbai Film Festival in 2016 and reportedly received a standing ovation from the audience.
- When director Vikramaditya Motwane read the script for the movie, he immediately knew that actor Rajkummar Rao would be a perfect fit for the role of Shaurya.
- If you think Rajkummar didn’t dance, you were wrong because he started his career as a dancer. He talked about it in an interview saying, “I’m a decent dancer. It’s just nobody can imagine it because nobody has seen me dancing.”
- The actor was born in a tiny village in Gurgaon on 31 August 1984. For his impeccable acting and performance in the movie Shahid, Rajkummar Rao received a National Film Award for best actor.
- The film was shot on the thirtieth floor of the building, which had an elevator operating only to the twenty-fifth floor. The crew would climb five floors every day with equipment, and on several occasions the elevator did not function, leading them to climb all thirty floors. Filming in the middle of the city resulted in some changes to the script. According to Rao, ninety per cent of the film was shot in the building.
- Motwane has a fear of mice, and as a result, had characters of mice in the film which he felt was a “good opportunity” to get over his fear. He expressed that the survival drama genre in Indian cinema was still in a nascent stage and felt the film is along the lines of Cast Away (2000), 127 Hours (2010) and Buried (2010). He mentioned that the character in the film was portrayed in a quirky and voyeuristic way, allowing the audience the experience of enjoying a man’s misery.
- Rao won a star screen award for best actor 2018 for Stree. Rao has been the recipient of a National Film Award for Shahid (2014); three Filmfare Awards: two Best Actor (Critics) for Shahid (2013) and Trapped(2017), Best Supporting Actor for Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017); and an Asia Pacific Screen Award for Newton (2017).
- Rao made his television debut in 2017 with the web series Bose: Dead/Alive, that was produced by Ekta Kapoor and Hansal Mehta. In preparation for the role of freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose, he gained 11 kg weight.
- Rajkummar has been in a relationship with actress Patralekha Paul since 2010.
Upcoming Movies of Rajkumar Rao
Chhalaang is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language social black comedy film directed by Hansal Mehta starring Rajkummar Rao and Nushrat Bharucha. It is produced by Ajay Devgn, Luv Ranjan, Ankur Garg and Bhushan Kumar. The plot is set in a small town of Uttar Pradesh.
It is set to release on 12 June 2020 .
Roohi Afzana is an upcoming 2020 Indian Hindi-language comedy horror film directed by Hardik Mehta and produced by Dinesh Vijan under the banner Maddock Films. It tells the story of a ghost who abducts brides on their honeymoons. The movie stars Janhvi Kapoor, Rajkummar Rao, and Varun Sharma. It was announced on 29 March 2019 and filming kicked off on 14 June 2019 in Agra.
The movie is set to release on 5 June 2020.
Movie Posters :-
The first poster of the film was released on 10 February 2017 by Rajkummar Rao from his Twitter handle. The poster featured Rao trapped in a balcony with his clothes displaying the word ‘help’. A second poster featuring Rao staring at a cockroach and an ant was released on 19 February 2017. It was promoted with the tagline “Freedom lies beyond fear”.] The film’s teaser was released on 20 February 2017, and the official theatrical trailer was launched on 22 February 2017. A special screening was held on 14 March in Mumbai, which was attended by several actors, including Kriti Sanon, Taapsee Pannu, and Richa Chadda. Trapped was released in theatres in India on 300 screens on 17 March 2017. It was released in approximately forty to fifty screens overseas.